Information We Collect
We receive or collect information when we operate and provide our Services, including when you install, access, or use our Services.
Information you provide
- Your Account Information - In order to create a MegaMask Wallet account, you will provide us with a username. You may also voluntarily add other information, such as a username.
- Your Network private key, which you utilize to access your funds and initiate transactions, is stored only on your own device. However, to facilitate your transactions and provide you with your account balance, we store the Network public key address associated with your Network private key.
- We may collect additional information you may disclose to our customer support team.
Information we collect from our affiliates
Our "family of companies" is the group of companies related to us by common control or ownership ("Affiliates"). In accordance with applicable law, we may obtain information about you from our Affiliates as a normal part of conducting business with you, so that we may offer our Affiliates' Services to you (e.g., convert cryptocurrency into fiat and make withdrawals into your bank account).
Automatically collected information
- Metrics and Performance Data - We may collect service-related, diagnostic, and performance information. This includes high level information about your activity (such as how you use our Services and how you interact with others using our Services), and diagnostic, crash, website, and performance logs and reports.
- Device and Connection Information - We may collect device-specific information when you install, access, or use our Services. This may include your IP address and, if you choose to allow push notifications through MegaMask Wallet, your device's unique push token. We may also temporarily collect information about decentralized applications (dapps) that you are connecting to, while establishing that connection.
- Status Information - We may collect information about your online status on our Services, such as when you last used our Services (your "last seen status").
How We Use The Information We Collect
Our primary purpose in collecting information is to help us operate, provide, improve, customize, support, and market our Services. We may use your information to:
- Provide the Services and customer support you request;
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- Prevent and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and/or violations of our posted User Agreement;
- Customize, measure, and improve the Services and the content and layout of our application; and
- Deliver targeted marketing and service update notices based on your communications preferences.
- We will not use your information for purposes other than those purposes we have disclosed to you, without your permission.
Our MegaMask family of companies or affiliates: Our "family of companies" is the group of companies related to us by common control or ownership ("Affiliates").
We will never sell or rent your information to third parties.
Any communications we send to you will either be related to your account or will be related to the Services. In the event we send any communication to you which is not related specifically to your account, we will provide you with an "unsubscribe" mechanism through which you may opt out of receiving other similar messages in the future.
We do not allow third-party banner ads on MegaMask Wallet, but if we ever do, we will update this policy.
How Your Information Is Shared With Other MegaMask Wallet Users
If you use your account to engage in a transaction with another user, that user will have access to your transaction information. Users with whom you interact with may store or re-share your information with others, on or off of our Services. We, however, will never store your transaction information.
How We Share Information With Third Parties
We work with third-party providers to help us operate, provide, improve, customize, support, and market our Services. For example, we work with companies to distribute our apps, provide our infrastructure, delivery, and other systems. These providers may provide us information about you in certain circumstances; for example, app stores may provide us reports to help us diagnose and fix service issues.
We may also share information with law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when:
- We are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order, or similar legal procedure; or
- We believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our Terms.
When you access our Services, we may place small data files called cookies or pixel tags on your computer or mobile device.
- Provide all web-based Services, improve your experience, and understand how our Services are being used;
- Measure the effectiveness of our promotions; and
- Remember your choices and customize our Services for you
You can follow the instructions provided by your browser or device (usually located under "Settings" or "Preferences") to modify your cookie or pixel data settings. Please note that if you set your browser or device to disable cookies, certain of our Services may not function properly.
How you can access or change your information
If you would like to manage, limit, or delete your information, you may do so by logging into MegaMask Wallet and tapping the Settings icon.
You may delete your MegaMask Wallet account at any time. Please remember that when you delete your account, it does not affect the information other users have relating to you.Please also note that MegaMask Wallet does not ever store your Network private key, so if you delete the application, make sure you have a copy of your private key elsewhere so that you may continue to access your Network funds. We do provide a feature within the App that will display your locally stored private key stored to you in readable form so that you may write it down and keep a copy of the key off of your device. We also allow users to back up their private keys to their icloud or google drive accounts.
Our Global Operations
Updates To Our Policy